The modern sales landscape is highly active and complex. With an average of 8 touch points per sale, it’s imperative to have an informed B2B sales strategy and strategic planning in place. This ensures that your sales team has the dynamism to reach and support a unique set of customers at every point in the buying process.
Revenue Operations (RevOps) supports sales complexity and maturity by combining B2B sales, marketing, and customer service under a single umbrella. This maximizes the company’s resources, education, and focus that are being applied to sales success. Under the modern business structure of Revenue Operations, your sales director can design the ideal team and sales techniques to aggressively achieve core revenue objectives. This should create a sustained path to consistent revenue growth and stability.
Let’s look deeper into RevOps and how this revolutionary business model supports dynamic sales strategy.
Traditional Sales Strategies Fall Short
B2B Buyer decision teams are more savvy than ever before. They know how to thoughtfully research purchase decisions and decipher obvious sales speak. It’s not enough to simply make eight random connections with a customer and guarantee a conversion. Getting yourself seen through ads, SEO copy, social media posts, cold calls, or emails just doesn’t cut it.
Your sales messaging must be strong, authoritative, transparent, brand-specific, and genuine. It’s also imperative that sales reps are trained to be true experts on the company’s products and services. This is where traditional sales strategies leave too many gaps for prospects to slip through.
Within a RevOps model, sales are core to everything the company does. It defines short and long-term success and stability. Strategies and techniques are being implemented within a system of processes that are designed to be audited and refined based on real-time data and insights. Through this collaborative and iterative process, sales can dynamically adapt over time. RevOps is designed to ensure revenue security through seasonal and random market spikes and valleys.
Introducing RevOps: A Unified Approach to Revenue Operations
By uniting three traditionally separated departments, RevOps closes the loop between sales strategy and execution. Sales leadership's needs can be co-supported with resources and insights from marketing and customer success teams. Similarly, marketing and customer success can leverage sales data better to serve the needs of both current and prospective clients. This leads to:
- Larger sales
- Shorter sales cycles
- Warmer leads
- Reduced GTM costs
- Improved upselling
- Increased customer and employee retention
- Better efficiency
- Enhanced collaboration within and across revenue teams
RevOps requires a high degree of collaboration, planning, and technology to make it all happen. Fortunately, there are a lot of great cloud/omnichannel solutions that support advanced levels of coordination and communication. This brings us to the three pillars of a RevOps Model and how they work to foster a dynamic sales strategy.
The Three Pillars of a RevOps Model
Just as we start with the fundamentals when learning new concepts and developing new skills, having a solid foundation is a prerequisite to expanding into more complex strategic planning. When organizations successfully develop their Revenue Operations department, they become equipped to design and execute a fully optimized sales strategy. Under these three core pillars, RevOps models allow teams the stability and fluidity to successfully execute optimal strategic planning:
- Data integration - Unifying into a Revenue Operations team means sharing the same facts and insights. Not only will this help ensure that all team members speak the same language, but real-time data sharing also creates shorter turnaround times on critical projects and initiatives.
- Process optimization - With more moving parts, RevOps teams can do more, but only if processes have been fully ironed out. Trace your potential workflows to ensure there aren’t any roadblocks or dead ends. This will help you maximize the potential of your larger revenue team to effortlessly switch between executing long-term or lean sales techniques.
- Alignment and collaboration - With the right tools, processes, and information in place, the stage is set for RevOps success. Encourage your revenue leaders to emphasize the importance of alignment and collaboration under this unique and powerful business structure. Through effective team alignment and consistent collaboration, sales, marketing, and customer service can execute individual and shared goals expertly.
Now that you're familiar with the essentials and benefits of implementing a RevOps model to amplify your sales success let’s close out on the steps to take when crafting an effectual RevOps department.
Implementing a RevOps Model for Your Business
By now, there should be a clear vision of how Revenue Operations creates a system that supports dynamic growth and execution for sales. Since you have sales, marketing, and CX teams and leadership in place, transitioning to RevOps doesn’t need to be a challenge. Here are four core steps when implementing this revolutionary business model into your organization:
- Step 1: Audit existing sales, marketing, and customer service processes. Find the gaps in execution and who will own each task under this model.
- Step 2: Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) for revenue optimization. These KPIs will include individual performances and shared metrics that can help boost collaboration and morale.
- Step 3: Assemble a RevOps team or designate a RevOps leader. Leaders provide clarity long-term, but especially during a transition. Ensure your new organizational structure is clear so team members know who’s the go-to for critical answers.
- Step 4: Implement changes, monitor progress, and iterate. Every company constantly optimizes its practices, analyzes outcomes, and implements strategic changes to gain a competitive advantage.
If you want to expedite the implementation of RevOps as part of your B2B sales strategy or ensure your new Revenue Operations are fully optimized from the ground floor, work with the revenue leaders at Relequint. Relequint is at the forefront, mastering this revolutionary business structure and understanding the nuances that enable it to elevate organizations above their competitors. Schedule a discovery call today to discuss your revenue goals and needs.